Montenegro is definitely one of the most beautiful countries to visit. It’s ancient towns, the mixture of European and Eastern architecture, beautiful nature, twisty roads, sapphire Adriatic Sea and mild climate, all make Montenegro memorable and unforgettable.
What makes Montenegro special?
- First of all, it is one of the Europe’s newest countries. It declared its independence in 2006.
- Also it is one of the smallest countries in Europe. It is smaller than the Bahamas.
- It has some of the oldest cities in Europe (Kotor, Budva and Ulcinj).
- Europe’s oldest olive tree grows on it’s territory (2000 years old).
- In addition, Europe’s deepest canyon is located here (1300 meters).
- Finally, 2/3 of the largest lake of Southern Europe lies here – lake Skadar.