Adding depth to your image can be accomplished by several techniques. First of all you can use natural framing to create a three dimensional image. In addition try to include a foreground in your photo to achieve this effect. Finally, add more depth to your image by using different perspective techniques listed below.
- Linear perspective. You can add more depth to your photo by using leading lines. Parallel lines coming together at a vanishing point create this beautiful effect.
- Size perspective. Look for the line of receding objects of the same size (trees, lampposts). They create a size perspective as they seem to get smaller and smaller the further they are.
- Atmospheric perspective can be achieved by photographing a landscape with hills and mountains on a foggy day. The further the mountains the lighter they appear.
- Photograph mountains on a foggy day to create a greater sense of depth.
- Photograph receding objects such as columns and trees standing in one line.